Dental Exams & CleaningsMy Kids Hometown Dentist
Kids Dental Exams
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Bobby at your childs initial dental visit. All dental visits can include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of cavities and evaluation growth and development.
- Examination of tooth decay:All tooth surfaces will be checked for possible cavities or structural abnormalities.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer
Kids Dental Cleanings
Your child’s dental cleaning will include a dental exam and the following:
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque from tooth surfaces.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. Bacteria in the plaque biome is the source of cavities and gum disease.
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that is firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.